Stephen and his new wife have $215,000 of student loan debt and they don't know what to do next. They are considering Income-Based Repayment (IBR) but aren't sure if that is the right thing to do.
Financial expert Anthony ONeal joins me to help answer Stephen's question. We discuss all things student loans including what IBR is, how student loan refinancing fits in and Anthony's take on student loan forgiveness.
Anthony and I review the following:
- What Income-Based Repayment (IBR) is and if it is helpful
- Anthony's take on Student Loan Forgiveness
- How Anthony's time in college shaped his financial future
Anthony is a dynamic speaker, author and overall financial expert focused on helping our country get out of this student loan crisis. His advice is not only inspiring but extremely helpful. Take a listen!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Anthony ONeal
Anthony ONeal is a #1 national best-selling author, financial expert, and host of the popular online series “The TABLE” on his YouTube channel. He is the author of The Graduate Survival Guide, Debt-Free Degree and Destroy Your Student Loan Debt.
Since 2015, Anthony has served at Ramsey Solutions, where he teaches young adults how to budget, live without debt, avoid student loans, and build real wealth for their future.
Anthony ONeal Resources
Other Content You Might Like
- Faith & Leo Jean Louis: How We Paid Off $200k of Debt
- Unemployed to Millionaire – with Tiffany Aliche (aka The Budgetnista)
- Roth IRA Investing in 10 Simple Steps
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
Personal Capital: Get a net worth tracker, cash flow planner and many other tools … all for the price of FREE.
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
Carpe Diem Quote
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”― Barack Obama
Are you considering income-based repayment? What do you think of the advice from Anthony ONeal?
Please let us know in the comments below.