Marriage, Kids and Money
with Andy Hill
Welcome to the young family wealth building conversation!
My name is Andy Hill.
I’m a husband and father to two awesome (and crazy) kids and we hail from the great state of Michigan. Since I’m all about my family, my goal is to give them the best life possible and strengthen our family tree for generations to come.
In 2016, I got so geeked about this topic of young family finance that I decided to start a blog and podcast about it. It began as a hobby and then morphed into a fun side hustle when people started to enjoy the information I was sharing. Fast forward to today, I’ve left my corporate event marketing career behind and am now a full-time blogger and podcaster. A dream come true!
I’ve had the pleasure of sharing our family journey on topics like:
- How We Paid Off $50,000 of Debt in Less Than 1 Year
- The 10 Steps We Took to Become Mortgage Free by 35 Years Old
- How We Became Millionaires in Less Than 10 Years (starting from -$50,000)
By sharing our family’s financial journey, we’ve had the great opportunity to be featured in major media outlets like CNBC, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and NBC News!
It was a huge surprise to me when the first news outlet called me out as a “Personal Finance Expert.” Honestly, I didn’t feel like an expert … I just felt like a normal guy who was dedicated to helping his family get to the next level and loves helping other families do the same.
Here’s a video feature from our CNBC!
with Personal Finance Experts
Outside of sharing our young family’s financial journey, each week I interview young millionaires, financially independent couples and debt free parents to help us all grow and thrive. This family wealth-building information is shared on my:
We cover topics ranging from how to achieve financial independence for your young family to how to strengthen your marriage by getting on the same page about money. We also want to make sure we’re helping our kids carrying on that legacy of wealth as well so we cover how to raise money-smart kids.
Some of the more popular episodes with outside experts are as follows:
- How This Stay-at-Home Dad Makes $200,000 Per Year - with Sam Dogen
- Finding the Right Saving Rate for Your Family’s Financial Independence - with Scott Rieckens
- How to Make Your Kid a Millionaire with a Roth IRA - with Logan Allec
I’d recommend listening to Episode 116, “The 10 Steps to Young Family Wealth and Happiness”. It’s a great place to start!
- CNBC: How This Couple Paid off a $195,000 Mortgage in under 4 years
- USA Today: After the wedding, should you marry your money in a joint account?
- Motley Fool: 10 Best Personal Finance Blogs to Increase Your Money Skills
- Business Insider: A Michigan couple breaks down their budget how they paid off their $200,000 mortgage in 4 years
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance: How to Lower Your Health Care Costs
- MarketWatch: Maxing out a 401(k) is surprisingly rare – but may be easier than you think
- NBC News: How the “50/50 Path” Helped One Couple Pay Their Mortgage Off in 4 Years
- Discover: Attention, Parents: How to Protect Your Retirement Savings from a Recession
- Financial Samurai: Work-From-Home Solopreneur - How I Made the Leap
- Mint Life: 7 Powerful Habits to Make Life Easier
- Motley Fool: 14 Best Podcasts to Level Up Your Money Game
- NerdWallet: How I Ditched Debt
- Business Insider: 15-Year Mortgage Paid Off in 5 Years
- AOL Finance: How We Paid Off $50k of Debt in 1 Year
- Afford Anything: How to Avoid Parental Burnout
- So Money: How Marriage Counseling is Helping our Path to Financial Independence
- BiggerPockets Money: The Low-Stress, Surprisingly Simple Way to Financial Freedom
- ChooseFI Podcast: Dave Ramsey World Collides with FI World
- Fire Drill Podcast: Increasing Your Net Worth by $700,000 in 7 Years
- Stacking Benjamins: They Paid Off A Mortgage in 4 Years - with Andy Hill
- Couple Money Podcast: How to Pay Your Mortgage Off in Less Than 5 Years
- Money Peach Podcast: Plans for Paying Off the Mortgage Early
- Good Dad Project Podcast: How to Pay Off Your Mortgage
- His & Her Money Podcast: How Nicole and Andy Paid Off $50k in Debt in 12 Months
- Financial Grownup Podcast: Love is blind to price tags
- Richer Soul: Marriage, Kids and Financial Success
- Beyond the Dollar: Getting Financially Intimate with your Spouse
- How to Be Awesome at your Job: 3 Ways to Increase Your Pay (And Make it go Farther)
- Do You Even Hustle: How to Become Debt Free When You Have Kids
- Everyday Money Show: This One’s For You, Dad!
- Maple Money: How to Get Your Family on Board with Financial Independence
- What’s Up Next: Financial Independence and Marital Discord (with Andy and Nicole Hill)
- How to Money: Avoiding Money Fights
- We Travel There: Detroit - with Andy Hill