Marriage Kids and Money
with Andy Hill
Welcome to the young family wealth building conversation!
My name is Andy Hill.
I’m a husband and father to two awesome (and crazy) kids and we hail from the great state of Michigan. Since I’m all about my family, my goal is to give them the best life possible and strengthen our family tree for generations to come.
In 2016, I got so geeked about this topic of family financial independence that I decided to start a blog and podcast about it. It began as a hobby and then morphed into a fun side hustle when people started to enjoy the information I was sharing. Fast forward to today, I’ve left my corporate event marketing career behind and am now a full-time content creator. Truly a dream come true!
I’ve had the pleasure of sharing our family journey on topics like:
- How We Paid Off $50,000 of Debt in Less Than 1 Year
- The 7 Steps We Took to Become Mortgage Free by 35 Years Old
- How We Became Millionaires in Less Than 10 Years (starting from -$50,000)
By sharing our family’s financial journey, we’ve had the great opportunity to be featured in major media outlets like Time, CNBC, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and NBC News!
It was a huge surprise to me when the first news outlet called me out as a “Personal Finance Expert.” Honestly, I didn’t feel like an expert … I just felt like a normal guy who was dedicated to helping his family get to the next level and loves helping other families do the same.
Here’s a video feature from our CNBC!
with Personal Finance Experts
Outside of sharing our young family’s financial journey, each week I interview young millionaires, financially independent couples and debt free parents to help us all grow and thrive. This family wealth-building information is shared on my:
We cover topics ranging from how to achieve financial independence for your young family to how to strengthen your marriage by getting on the same page about money. We also want to make sure we’re helping our kids carrying on that legacy of wealth as well so we cover how to raise money-smart kids.
Some of the more popular episodes with outside experts are as follows:
- How This Stay-at-Home Dad Makes $200,000 Per Year - with Sam Dogen
- We Interviewed 200 Millionaires. Here's What it Takes to Become One - w/ Clark Sheffield and Jace Mattinson
- How to Stick to a Budget - with Kumiko Love (The Budget Mom)
I’d recommend listening to Episode 300, “Family Wealth and Happiness: 10 Steps to a Better Tomorrow (Today)”. It’s a great place to start!
- Esquire: Move Over Venture Capitalists, I'm Making My Exit Too
- Motherly: 6 Experts Share How They Teach Their Kids About Money
- CNBC: How This Couple Paid off a $195,000 Mortgage in under 4 years
- U.S. News & World Report: 10 Best Personal Finance Podcasts
- Forbes: Simple Ways Couples Can Save During Times of High Inflation
- Time: How This Couple Became Millionaires With Their Retirement Accounts
- Business Insider: 5 Steps a Couple Took to Pay Off Their Mortgage
- Forbes: How to Plan a Budgeting Date Night With Your Spouse
- Parents: The 10 Best Financial Podcasts for Parents
- BuzzFeed: Why Couples Should Co-Pilot Their Finances
- USA Today: After the wedding, should you marry your money in a joint account?
- Vice: Money Management Tips for the Millennial Parent
- Motley Fool: 10 Best Personal Finance Blogs to Increase Your Money Skills
- Business Insider: A Michigan couple breaks down their budget how they paid off their $200,000 mortgage in 4 years
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance: How to Lower Your Health Care Costs
- MarketWatch: Maxing out a 401(k) is surprisingly rare – but may be easier than you think
- NBC News: How the “50/50 Path” Helped One Couple Pay Their Mortgage Off in 4 Years
- Forbes: 20 Financial Bloggers Share Their Secrets to Running a Successful Blog
- Discover: Attention, Parents: How to Protect Your Retirement Savings from a Recession
- The Sun: We Paid Off Our $195,000 Mortgage in 4 Years with the 50/50 Method
- Financial Samurai: Work-From-Home Solopreneur - How I Made the Leap
- Mint Life: 7 Powerful Habits to Make Life Easier
- Discover: How to Reach Your Short-Term Savings Goals
- Motley Fool: 14 Best Podcasts to Level Up Your Money Game
- CreditRepair.com: 57 Best Personal Finance Blogs of 2021
- NerdWallet: How I Ditched Debt
- Business Insider: 15-Year Mortgage Paid Off in 5 Years
- GoHenry: 10 Financial Education Podcasts Every Parent Should Listen To
- Personal Finance Podcast: Why Coast FIRE May Be the Perfect Strategy for You
- Journey to Launch: Taking $50k From A Taxable Brokerage Account To Buy A Car & Learning To Enjoy Money
- Money Talk News: Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early?
- All the Hacks: Marriage, Kids and Money Hacks
- Millionaires Unveiled: Negative Net Worth to Millionaire in 10 Years
- Afford Anything: How to Avoid Parental Burnout
- So Money: How Marriage Counseling is Helping our Path to Financial Independence
- Frugal Friends Podcast: The Tenacity and Frugality it Takes to Pay Off Your Mortgage
- BiggerPockets Money: The Low-Stress, Surprisingly Simple Way to Financial Freedom
- ChooseFI Podcast: Dave Ramsey World Collides with FI World
- Fire Drill Podcast: Increasing Your Net Worth by $700,000 in 7 Years
- Stacking Benjamins: They Paid Off A Mortgage in 4 Years - with Andy Hill
- Finance Explained by Family Finance Mom: 3 Reasons Net Worth is the Smartest Measure to Track Your Family Finances
- Earn & Invest: Freedom! When To Say Goodbye to the 9-to-5
- Simplify and Enjoy: Switching to Part-Time Work and Having a Rich Life with your Family
- Dreamers Podcast: How to Become a Debt-Free Millionaire in your Thirties
- Couple Money Podcast: How to Pay Your Mortgage Off in Less Than 5 Years
- Money Peach Podcast: Plans for Paying Off the Mortgage Early
- Good Dad Project Podcast: How to Pay Off Your Mortgage
- His & Her Money Podcast: How Nicole and Andy Paid Off $50k in Debt in 12 Months
- Queer Money Podcast: How Gays Can Plan and Teach Their Kids About Money
- Financial Grownup Podcast: Love is blind to price tags
- Richer Soul: Marriage, Kids and Financial Success
- Beyond the Dollar: Getting Financially Intimate with your Spouse
- How to Be Awesome at your Job: 3 Ways to Increase Your Pay (And Make it go Farther)
- Do You Even Hustle: How to Become Debt Free When You Have Kids
- Everyday Money Show: This One’s For You, Dad!
- Maple Money: How to Get Your Family on Board with Financial Independence
- What’s Up Next: Financial Independence and Marital Discord (with Andy and Nicole Hill)
- How to Money: Avoiding Money Fights
- We Travel There: Detroit - with Andy Hill
- Studio Sherpas: The #1 Financial Mistake You May Be Making
- Investor Mama: Building Generational Wealth for your Kids
Are you looking for a unique family-centric voice for your next story, podcast or video?
I love sharing our family’s financial successes (and failures) to help others win with money.
So far, we’ve had some exciting financial wins as a family like …
- Paying off $50,000 of debt in 1 year
- Becoming completely debt-free by paying off our $200,000 home mortgage in less than 5 years.
- Becoming Millionaires in Less Than 10 Years (starting from -$50,000)
I’ve been featured in major media outlets like CNBC, Business Insider, Kiplinger's Personal Finance and NBC News, promoting a message of family wealth and happiness.
Additionally, I’ve had the opportunity to appear as a guest on dozens of podcasts and YouTube shows.
Check out some of them above!