Faith & Leo Jean-Louis recently paid off over $200,000 of debt. The year after, they decided to invest $100,000 in the stock market to build generational wealth for their young family.
In today's interview, we discuss where Faith & Leo invested $100,000 and how they paid fewer taxes in the process. Additionally, we review how they erased their debt so quickly and the tactics they took to make it a reality.
What are we covering?
Faith, Leo and I review the following:
- How they eliminated $200,000 of debt in 2 years
- The methods they chose to invest $100,000 in 1 year
- Why building generational wealth is important to their young family
Faith and Leo Jean-Louis have an incredible story and their passion for helping others is contagious. Check out their story to get inspired to hit your big goals!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Leo Jean-Louis
Leo Jean-Louis a first-generation Haitian-American. At a very young age, he learned the value of being content with what you have and being resourceful. In middle school, he sold fun-sized candy bars he bought and resold to his peers for $0.25 each. He was able to save enough money to buy himself his own full-sized basketball hoop! When his mother learned of this, she stood in utter amazement, as any mother would, and exclaimed, “Why didn't you tell me? I would have bought it for you.”
For as long as he could remember, Leo has watched his mother work tirelessly 6 days/week throughout her life. However, it was not until he was older and in debt himself, did he discover she was working so much because she struggled with debt. He witnessed firsthand the constant stress and toll it had on her mental and physical health. While he emulated his mother's work ethic, he resolved to overcome his debt. He and his wife, Faith, embarked on a journey to challenge the status quo that “debt is normal.” They did not want to live with the burden of debt knowing the chokehold it has on the lives of many across the world. They knew that if they shared their story, they could be a beacon of hope to those who felt overwhelmed by their debt and did not see a way out.
After his post of paying off debt went viral on social media, they founded Freedom Is A Choice Movement, a business created to inspire everyone, everywhere to choose freedom from debt. Their passion for financial freedom has been evident in their money tips and personal finance journey, earning them recognition on Yahoo Finance, the Steve Harvey TV Show, the His & Her Money Show, MagnifyMoney, and Northwestern Mutual, just to name a few. Leo works as an occupational therapist/certified hand therapist and specializes in hand and upper extremity rehabilitation. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia with his beautiful wife and son.
Leo Jean-Louis Resources
- Website: Freedom is a Choice Movement
- Social: Instagram
- Book: Got Debt? The 7 Bulletproof Steps to Debt Freedom
Other Podcasts and Articles You Might Like
- How to Stick to a Budget – with Kumiko Love (The Budget Mom)
- 10 Incredible Benefits of a Paid Off House
- 15 Online Budgeting Apps to Make Your Personal Finance Goals Easy
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
UNest: Help your child invest for the future with low cost index funds and a convenient mobile app!
MKM PODCAST RESOURCES
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
CARPE DIEM QUOTE
“It takes determination to see a dream come to pass. The question is not will you start, but will you finish.”― Joel Osteen
How would you invest $100,000?
Please let us know in the comments below.