The more I think about it, talk about it and research it, I feel like “date night” might be one of the most important investments we can make for our long-term family happiness.
I know it's something that I’m personally working on. With two small kids and the responsibilities of life, date night sometimes takes a backseat.
That changes now!
On today’s show, we’re going to do three things:
- We’re going to hear from professional writer, podcaster and YouTuber, Martin Dasko. Since he focuses most of his content on personal finance and dating from a single guy’s perspective, he’s going to tell us married folks can spice up our marriages without going broke.
- After our chat with Martin, I’m going to interview Kristen Manieri, the founder of Do Good Date Night. Kristen started this organization to help couples have an opportunity to give back in their community while having fun with their spouses.
- After we get inspired by Kristen, I’m going to share my top 3 takeaways so you can start creating some epic date nights with your spouse.
What are we covering?
Martin, Kristen and I discuss:
- What happens when we get complacent in our relationships
- Over a dozen fun date night ideas
- How doing new experiences together can enhance your marriage
This double date night interview will inspire you to give your marriage a jolt. Martin and Kristen are definitely inspiring me to shake things up in my relationship.
CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON ABOVE OR LISTEN ON:
About Our Guest: Martin Dasko
Martin has been helping young people reach financial freedom without missing a party for ten years now as a professional writer, podcaster and YouTuber. Martin feels that planning your weekends is stressful enough and personal finance should be easy.
Martin’s exciting advice on life has been featured in Fox Business News, LifeHacker and The Simple Dollar.
About Our Guest: Kristen Manieri
Kristen Manieri is the creator of Do Good Date Night, a nonprofit event series that combines date night with volunteering. A prolific writer, she has been blogging about date night for 11 years through her sites: Orlando Date Night Guide and Date Night Guide.
She's also the host of The Synced Life podcast, which explores topics related to human connection and seeks to inspire listening to upgrade their quality of life by upgrading the quality of their relationships. She lives in Orlando with her husband, Marc and their two daughters.
Money Master of the Week
Andrea from Toledo, Ohio recently received a big promotion and raise!
She knew that getting a salary increase higher than 2% required her to increase her skills, knowledge and investigate other departments at her company. That's exactly what she did.
Her hard work paid off and now she's starting her new gig and has more money to reach her financial goals!
If you want to learn more about Andrea and discover more financial tips for success, check her out at SavingJoyfully.com
Andrea is our Money Master of the Week!
Share Your Wins
- First name
- Your recent big win
- How you did it
- If/How you celebrated
- Your financial plans for the future
Your story will inspire others to save more, make more and plan for their family’s future.
SHOW SPONSOR: TILLER
30-Day FREE Trial – Control your money and support this show.
Martin Dasko’S RESOURCES
Article Mentioned: The Ultimate List of Date Night Ideas So You Never Get Bored
Kristen Manieri’S RESOURCES
Podcast: The Synced Life
MKM PODCAST RESOURCES
#BIGTIPTUESDAY IS HERE!
I’m creating a fun way for the Marriage, Kids and Money Community to Give Back this holiday season.
I’m calling it “Big Tip Tuesday” …
Here’s how it goes:
- Choose a random Tuesday during November or December
- Go to a place where someone in the service industry is working during the holidays to make money for the holidays or simply make ends meet. For example, you could go to a diner in a working-class neighborhood, a coffee shop or even your local sandwich shop.
- Buy something for yourself and leave a VERY generous tip. The size of that tip is up to you. You decide what “generous” means. Similar to the giving challenge last year, Nicole and I are going to give $100 twice. One of the $100 has been donated by Rockstar Finance and the other $100 will be from the Hill Family.
- If you get a receipt, write on the receipt #BigTipTuesday and leave them a note of gratitude for their service and wish them a happy holiday
- Share the receipt on social media with the hashtag #BigTipTuesday and contact me (voicemail or email) to tell me how it went!
I would love for our community to surprise 10 hard working people in the service industry with $100. That would be $1,000 of joy spread to those who are working hard during the holidays.
So, what do you think? Are you in?
Please email me and let me know. Giving is SO much fun. Think about the smile you’ll bring to someone’s face who is not expecting it.
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING IT!
Young Family Wealth Playbook (FREE): 7-Steps to Solidifying Your Family’s Future Wealth
Support this Show
If you enjoyed this podcast episode, here are some excellent ways to support the show:
- Leave a review for the show on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher
- Leave a comment below
- Check out my Recommended Resources Page
- Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Spotify, Google Podcasts or Stitcher
- Join our Thriving Families Facebook Community – learn and help other families grow their wealth
I truly appreciate the support everyone!
I’d love to hear from you!
If you’d like your question featured on the show, reach out and let me know. It would be my honor to support you in your journey toward financial freedom.