Yolanda wants to pay extra toward her mortgage but she’s not sure if she’s doing it correctly.
Holden Lewis, a Mortgage Expert from NerdWallet, joins me to help her out. We discuss how to ensure your extra mortgage payments are going toward the principal and how refinancing your mortgage may fit into the picture.
Holden Lewis and I review the following:
- When you're paying extra on the mortgage, how to ensure it's going to the principal
- How to determine how much extra you should pay toward your mortgage
- Why a cash out refinance may not be the best move financially
I was excited to support Yolanda with her question and I look forward to hearing if this chat helped her. If you're looking to pay extra on your mortgage, check out our episode and see if it helps you too!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Holden Lewis
Holden Lewis is NerdWallet’s authority on mortgages and real estate. He has reported about mortgages and housing since 2001, covering mortgage rates, trends in the housing market, and home buying and selling strategies.
Holden Lewis Resources
Other Content You Might Like
- 10 Incredible Benefits of a Paid Off House
- Life After the Mortgage is Paid Off
- The Disadvantages of Paying Off Your Mortgage
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Tello: Cell phone bill too high? Find a plan with Tello for around $10 per month on the T-Mobile Network!
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“A funny thing happens in real estate. When it comes back, it comes back up like gangbusters.”― Barbara Corcoran
Are you working on paying extra on your mortgage? Do you like the advice from Holden Lewis?
Please let me know in the comments below.