Saving and investing can be a smart idea for most everyone.
But without a definition of WHAT we're saving and investing for, we can lose motivation and interest.
Joe Saul-Sehy, Author of the new book “Stacked: Your Super Serious Guide to Modern Money Management”, joins us to share how we can define our investing goals and how we can have fun along the way.
Joe Saul-Sehy and I review the following:
- Why it's important to focus on retirement and invest with the end in mind
- How to timeline our goals to better bring them into focus
- Why negotiation is easier with empathy
Joe is not only a multi-award-winning content creator and published author, but he's a great friend of mine as well. It was an honor to interview him and learn from him. I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Joe Saul-Sehy
Joe Saul-Sehy learned from failure.
Destroying his credit immediately after leaving home, he had to learn about money the hard way—and much of it as he was telling other people how to manage their money, as a financial advisor. After 16 years in the industry he moved to financial media, creating Stacking Benjamins, one of the most listened to podcasts in the personal finance sphere.
Kiplinger has called the show the “best personal finance podcast” and Fast Company has described it as striking a “great balance between fun and functional.” Joe lives in Texarkana with his spouse, Cheryl, and cat, Cooper, recording shows in his mom’s basement next door.
Joe Saul-Sehy Resources
- Website: StackingBenjamins.com
- Social: Instagram
- Book: Stacked: Your Super Serious Guide to Modern Money Management
Other Content You Might Like
- How to Get Started Investing in 10 Simple Steps
- How to Invest on your Own Without a Financial Advisor
- We Achieved Coast FIRE! How to Saved $500k by 40
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15 minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“If you think your best days are behind you, they are. If you think your best days are ahead of you, they are.”― Jon Gordon
How do you invest with the end in mind? What do you think of the advice from Joe Saul-Sehy?
Please let me know in the comments below.