Worried about your adult child moving back home? You're not alone! Boomerang kids are a group of adult children who move back in with their parents after going out into the world.
John, a concerned parent of a teen, wants to make sure his daughter doesn’t do this!
Author Bobbi Rebell joins me to share how we can get adult children to launch (and stay launched).
Overview: How To Get Adult Children To Launch
Bobbi Rebell and I review the following:
- The importance of realistic money discussions with your children
- Why you need to let your children make money mistakes
- The balance of gifting wealth and teaching your children the value of hard work
- How to prevent boomerang kids
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Bobbi Rebell
Bobbi Rebell, CFP® is the author of Launching Financial Grownups: Live Your Richest Life by Helping Your (Almost) Adult Kids Become Everyday Money Smart, a financial literacy advocate, the host of the Money Tips for Financial Grownups podcast and the founder of GrownupGear.com.
She was previously a global business news anchor and personal finance columnist at Reuters and held various journalist positions at top news outlets including CNBC, CNN and PBS.
Resources – Bobbi Rebell
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Personal Capital: Get access to FREE financial tools that help you invest more efficiently and build wealth for your family.
Tello: Our family's mobile provider. For us, the price and service are better than Verizon.
MKM Podcast Resources
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15-minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.”Anne Frank
Are you wondering how to prevent boomerang kids? What do you think of the advice from Bobbi Rebell?
Please let me know in the comments below!