Samantha and her husband are trying to decide on a 15-year vs. a 30-year mortgage. She wants to pay off the mortgage faster and he wants to “have options”
Scott Trench and Mindy Jensen, co-hosts of the wildly popular BiggerPockets Money Podcast and the authors of the new book, “First Time Home Buyer”, join me to help answer her question.
Scott Trench, Mindy Jensen and I review the following:
- The pros and cons of a 15-year mortgage
- Why Scott Trench thinks a 30-year mortgage is superior
- Other first time home buyer tips and tricks to make your homeownership an awesome experience
Scott and Mindy are real estate rockstars so if you're looking to buy a home this year, check out this chat. You'll learn a lot from them and their combined 30 years of experience!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Scott Trench
Scott Trench is CEO of BiggerPockets, co-host of the BiggerPockets Money Podcast, a real estate investor and broker, and a bestselling author of Set for Life. Through a solid understanding of money management, calculated risks, and a lot of hard work, he created financial freedom for himself as well as a successful real estate business just three years after graduating college.
Scott currently lives in Denver, Colorado and enjoys skiing, rugby, craft beers, and terrible punny jokes.
Guest Bio – Mindy Jensen
Mindy Jensen has been buying and selling homes for more than twenty years. Currently, she’s working on her ninth live-in flip—she buys ugly houses, moves in, makes them beautiful, sells them, and starts the process all over again.
She is a licensed real estate agent in Colorado, co-host of the BiggerPockets Money Podcast, author of How to Sell Your Home, and the Community Manager for BiggerPockets.com, where she helps new and experienced investors learn the best real estate investing techniques to build wealth.
When you can get her to stop talking about real estate, you can find her on her bike or adventuring in the beautiful mountains of Colorado.
Scott Trench & Mindy Jensen Resources
Other Podcasts, Videos and Articles You Might Like
- Why BRRRR is the Hottest Real Estate Strategy [w/ David Greene]
- How I Bought 20 Rental Properties in Cash [w/ Rich Carey]
- 10 Incredible Benefits of a Paid Off House
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
Personal Capital: Get a net worth tracker, cash flow planner and many other tools … all for the price of FREE.
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
Carpe Diem Quote
““f you chase two rabbits, both will escape.”― Unknown
Where do you fall on the 15-year vs 30-year mortgage debate? Are you buying a home this year?
Please let us know in the comments below.