It's estimated that over HALF A MILLION PEOPLE in the United States experience homelessness on a given night. If those individuals find their way into a home, up to 50% of them return to homelessness within a year of securing housing.
Medical debt and the lack of income to afford housing are major contributors. While solving those major problems isn't a quick fix, making a house feel like a home is possible.
That's what Humble Design does.
Treger Strasberg, Founder of Humble Design, joins me to discuss the state of homelessness in our country and how her organization is reducing the return to homelessness by less than 1%.
What are we covering?
Treger Strasberg and I review the following:
- The state of homelessness in the United States (and the affects of the pandemic and inflation)
- Why she started Humble Design
- What we can do to help end homelessness in our country
Our family was proud to donate $600 to this organization in hopes of inspiring others to give what they can. While we don't have extra time right now to volunteer, we're proud to use this platform and our money to support a cause we believe in … helping families find a place to call home.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Other Podcasts and Articles You Might Like
- 15 Incredible Benefits of a Paid Off Home
- DonorsChoose: The Importance of Supporting Teachers With the Return to School
- How Promoting Girl's Education Can Save the World (w/ She's the First)
How do you think we can fight homelessness in the United States? What do you think of the mission of Treger Strasberg and Humble Design?
Please let us know in the comments below.