The number of workers who left their jobs last year broke records. By some estimates, nearly 40 million people quit their jobs in the US.
Today, we're speaking with someone who recently left their high-paying career and is now easing into early retirement.
Kristen is a former CPA, who retired early last year to spend more time with her family and pursue personal passions after 15+ years working long hours in a stressful career.
She shares how she was able to financially prepare for this change and what life looks like now in her early retirement.
Kristen and I review the following:
- Why she decided to retire early
- The strategies she is using to still live a comfortable life
- How life is different for her in early retirement
Kristen's family financial independence experience is very helpful for those considering leaving their career early. Listen to her story and see what takeaways you have that could help you.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Kristen from Rich Frugal Life
I'm a 39-year-old, former CPA, who retired early last year to spend more time with my family and pursue personal passions after 15+ years working long hours in a stressful career. I married my best friend 6 years ago and we have one young child. I write about our family's journey to financial independence and early retirement (FI/RE) on my blog, RichFrugalLife.com.
- Website: RichFrugalLife.com
- Social: Instagram
Other Content You Might Like
- What is a Sabbatical? And How to Prepare for your Time Away from Work
- FIRE Movement: Pros and Cons of Financial Independence
- Why I Stopped Pursuing FIRE for a Happier Life Today – w/ Lisa Harrison
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
MKM Podcast Resources
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15 minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.“― Barbara Sher
What would life look like for you if you were able to retire early? What do you think of the advice from Kristen from Rich Frugal Life?
Please let me know in the comments below.
Leave a Reply