With all the services and restaurants we interact with on a daily basis, it's hard to know when you should tip and when you shouldn't.
Nicole and I discuss the world of tipping and the etiquette we've developed around it.
And we also chat about the areas where we have no clue!
Listen and Subscribe to the Podcast:
Andy and Nicole's Tipping Plan
- Sit Down Restaurants: 20%
- Food Delivery (Pizza, Sandwiches, etc): 20% (rounded to the next dollar)
- Coffee Shop, Sandwich Shop and any other Fast Casual Place: No tip, just a smile and thanks (if I’m a regular, I’ll drop a dollar every once in a while)
- Larger Catering Orders Picked Up: 10%
- Curb Side Check In: $1-2 / bag
- Transportation from Airport: 10%
- Shuttle / Van to Hotel: $1-2 / bag
- Host at Hotel Opening Door: No tip, just a smile and thanks
- Porter Bringing Bags to Room: $1-2 / bag (if utilized)
- Housekeeping: $2-3 / day
- Valet: $3-$5 / car
- Concierge: $2-5 / request (if utilized)
ALL INCLUSIVE TRAVEL
- Check with the hotel or your travel agent to see if gratuity is included – if it is, no need to tip.
- $20-$50 at the end of the week for individual staff members that made your trip extra special
Other Bread & Wine Episodes You Might Like
- Lessons Learned from the Dave Ramsey Baby Steps
- Join the FIRE Movement or Not?
- We Spent $75k of our Savings! Now What?
Do you ever wonder when you should tip? What are your go-to tipping policies?
Please let us know in the comments below.