When one spouse thinks that the other has a spending problem, this can be a recipe for a marriage disaster if it's not handled correctly. There are so many feelings around how we handle our money because personal finance is so personal.
To help us navigate these marriage and money waters, I’ve invited Ericka Young on the show today.
Ericka is the president and founder of Tailor-Made Budgets which she opened in 2005 after she and her husband Chris climbed their way out of nearly $100,000 in debt. Ericka is the author of the best-selling book, “Naked and Unashamed: 10 Money Conversations Every Couple Must Have”.
What are we covering?
Ericka and I discuss the following:
- Why it's important to discuss your feelings around money with your spouse
- How to have empathy and appreciation for your spouse's financial goals
- What you can do if your spouse doesn't want to talk about money at all
Ericka has an incredible background in coaching countless couples to financial harmony. Listen to her advice and see how you can help your marriage thrive today!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Personal Capital: Track your net worth, investments and budget for free. Receive a $20 Amazon gift card for signing up.
Ericka Young RESOURCES
- Book: Naked and Unashamed: 10 Money Conversations Every Couple Must Have
- Website: TailorMadeBudgets.com
- Social: Instagram
MKM PODCAST RESOURCES
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Young Family Wealth Playbook (FREE): 7-Steps to Solidifying Your Family’s Future Wealth
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
CARPE DIEM QUOTE
“Empathy is simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of you’re not alone.”― Brene Brown
Do you think your spouse has a spending problem?
Please let us know in the comments below.