Are you dreading the inevitable return to work this fall? Jennifer feels your pain.
She's enjoyed the flexibility of working from home as a parent but knows that is coming to an end soon. As a small business owner too, she's wondering if she should go for her business full-time or stick with her full-time career.
Career and money expert, Tori Dunlap, joins me to answer this difficult question that's challenging Jennifer and many other parents around our country.
Tori Dunlap and I review the following:
- How to decide if you should return to work or start a business
- Tori's experience quitting her 9-to-5 to build her multi-six-figure business
- Why changing your mind is okay
A lot of parents are struggling with the return to work decision right now. Check out our conversation today to get a good understanding of the pros and cons of starting a business and returning to work.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Tori Dunlap
Tori Dunlap is a nationally recognized millennial money and career expert. After saving $100,000 at age 25, Tori quit her corporate job in marketing and founded Her First $100K to fight financial inequality by giving women actionable resources to better their money. She has helped over 800,000 women negotiate salary, pay off debt, build savings, and invest.
A Plutus award winner, her work has been featured on Good Morning America, the Today Show, the New York Times, TIME, PEOPLE, New York Magazine, Forbes, CNBC, and more. An honors graduate of the University of Portland, Tori currently lives in Seattle, where she enjoys eating fried chicken, going to barre classes, and attempting to naturally work John Mulaney bits into the conversation.
Tori Dunlap Resources
Other Content You Might Like
- The Disadvantages of Entrepreneurship
- The 10 Steps I Took to Quit My Job and Start a Business
- How to Increase Your Salary (5-Figures to 6-Figures)
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Tello: Cell phone bill too high? Find a plan with Tello for around $10 per month on the T-Mobile Network!
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.”― Gail Sheehy
Should Jennifer return to work? Or start her business full-time? Do you like the advice from Tori Dunlap?
Please let us know in the comments below.