Most of us are aware of traditionally retiring in our 60s or 70s and what life might be like when we’re old and gray.
But what if you could add another 20-30 years on that retirement timeframe? And have your spouse retire along with you?
Well, that’s what we’re going to discuss today and the person who’s going to help us with that discussion is Maggie Tucker.
Maggie recently gave notice at her job and will be moving into early retirement this spring. We’re going to learn more about that decision, how she prepared, and some advice for others interested in early retirement.
Maggie Tucker and I review the following:
- Why she wanted to retire early
- How she was able to make this happen in her 40's
- What life looks like in early retirement for her and her husband
Maggie Tucker and her husband are an inspiration for those of us in the Family FIRE Movement. She's crafting a life she's thrilled about and showing us how we can do it as well.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Maggie Tucker
Maggie Tucker is Vice President of Marketing for InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG). Her professional experience includes multiple digital, marketing, and leadership roles in Fortune 500 companies.
Maggie is passionate about minimalism, simple living, and helping people on their journeys through life. As an active volunteer in her community, she has served on many advisory and non-profit boards.
Maggie lives in Atlanta, GA with her husband and 3 daughters.
Resources – Maggie Tucker
Other Content You Might Like
- What is a Sabbatical? And How to Prepare for your Time Away from Work
- FIRE Movement: Pros and Cons of Financial Independence
- Why I Stopped Pursuing FIRE for a Happier Life Today – w/ Lisa Harrison
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Personal Capital: Get access to financial tools to craft your budget, track your net worth and analyze your investment portfolio all for FREE!
MKM Podcast Resources
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15 minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“The biggest risk of all is not taking one.“― Mellody Hobson
Are you looking to retire early as a couple? What do you think of the advice from Maggie Tucker?
Please let me know in the comments below.