Real estate has proven to be an excellent place to invest your money. But where should you start in this competitive market? Rentals? Airbnbs? Sam Dogen, also known as the Financial Samurai, joins us to share his thoughts!
Sam retired from his corporate career about 10 years ago. Real estate (among many other avenues) was a huge part of his financial independence success.
Overview: Real Estate Investing in a Competitive Market
Sam Dogen and I review the following:
- Why investing in real estate is a good idea — even in a “down” market
- What “real estate lite” means and why that might be a smart move right now
- How Sam used real estate to become financially independent
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio: Sam Dogen
Sam Dogen is the mastermind behind FinancialSamurai.com, one of the largest independently-run personal finance sites with roughly one million organic visitors a month. He launched Financial Samurai in 2009 when the world was falling apart and his net worth was taking a beating. His inspiration was to help himself and others make sense of the chaos.
In 2012, he left his day job in finance at age 34 to be permanently free and pursue being a writer. He has lived in seven countries and has traveled to over 60 countries so far.
Since the financial crisis, more than 80 million visitors have stopped by FinancialSamurai.com to learn, share, and grow. In addition, Dogen’s work has been highlighted in major publications such as CNBC, MarketWatch, Forbes, The Consumerist, The Chicago Tribune, The Los Angeles Times, and many more.
Dogen is also known for The Financial Samurai Podcast and the one-of-a-kind eBook, How To Engineer Your Layoff, which teaches employees how to negotiate a severance package and be free.
When not writing or podcasting, Sam can often be found on the playground taking care of his two young children or on the softball field or tennis court.
Sponsors and Recommended Tools:
Personal Capital: Get access to FREE financial tools that help you invest more efficiently and build wealth for your family.
MKM Podcast Resources:
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15-minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote:
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”-Confucius
What do you think of the real estate investing advice from Sam Dogen (Financial Samurai)? Are you considering investing in real estate?
Please let us know in the comments below.