Nir Eyal is on a mission to help us all become indistractable.
Technology has done a lot of wonderful things for us over the last decade. Tasks that were once extremely time-consuming or monotonous are now a lot more simple.
On the flip side, we can become extremely distracted by technology and it can keep us from focusing on what matters most. And for me, that’s family.
Nir shares how parents, like me, can control our attention and choose our lives … while still living with the benefits of technology.
Nir Eyal and I review the following:
- Why we're so distracted
- How to gain control and conquer distraction
- How to manage screen time with our kids and set the right example
This conversation with Nir helped me to focus on what's most important in my life. By prioritizing and starting my day with a plan in mind, I'm already making more traction on my goals. Join me and take control of your life!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Nir Eyal
Nir Eyal writes, consults, and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. Nir previously taught as a Lecturer in Marketing at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford.
Nir co-founded and sold two tech companies since 2003 and was dubbed by The M.I.T. Technology Review as, “The Prophet of Habit-Forming Technology.” Bloomberg Businessweek wrote, “Nir Eyal is the habits guy. Want to understand how to get app users to come back again and again? Then Eyal is your man.”
He is the author of two bestselling books, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.
Nir Eyal Resources
- Website: NirAndFar.com
- Social: Instagram
- Book: Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
Other Content You Might Like
- Digital Wellness: How to Honor Family Over Technology [w/ Mark Ostach]
- Christy Wright: How to Take Back Your Time
- The One Thing: How to Prioritize What Matters Most [w/ Geoff Woods]
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15 minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“Control your own destiny or someone else will.“― Jack Welch
Are you working to become indistractable? What do you think of the advice from Nir Eyal?
Please let me know in the comments below.