Rachel Cruze joins me to answer a question from anonymous: “My husband wants separate bank accounts and I don't. What should I do?”
We discuss the options available to our anonymous friend including the importance of clear communication and even asking for support from a marriage counselor. With money fights being a top reason for marital fights and divorce, this is an important issue to tackle for couples.
In our podcast interview, Rachel and I also discuss her thoughts on the Enneagram Test, how she differs in opinions from her Dad (Dave Ramsey) and what she thinks of the FIRE Community.
What are we covering?
Rachel and I review the following:
- The disadvantages of having separate bank accounts in marriage
- How marriage counseling can enhance your relationship and your overall communication
- Why our childhood affects our relationship with money
When it comes to marriage and money, getting on the same page matters. Check out this conversation and see how it can help you to create happy, healthy and wealthy relationship goals.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Rachel Cruze
Rachel Cruze is a two-time #1 national best-selling author, financial expert and host of The Rachel Cruze Show. Since 2010, Rachel has served at Ramsey Solutions, where she teaches people to avoid debt, save money, budget and how to win with money at any stage in life. She’s authored three best-selling books, including Love Your Life, Not Theirs and Smart Money Smart Kids, which she co-wrote with her father, Dave Ramsey.
Her latest book Know Yourself, Know Your Money: Discover WHY You Handle Money the Way You Do and WHAT to Do About It will release in January 2021.
Rachel Cruze Resources
Other Podcasts and Articles You Might Like
- How to Stick to a Budget – with Kumiko Love (The Budget Mom)
- The Top 3 Reasons Marriages End – with Kimberly Holmes
- What To Do When Your Spouse Spends Too Much – with Ericka Young
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
UNest: Help your child invest for the future with low cost index funds and a convenient mobile app!
MKM PODCAST RESOURCES
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
CARPE DIEM QUOTE
“I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”― Og Mandino
What would you do if your husband wanted separate bank accounts and you didn't? Do you agree with Rachel Cruze?
Please let us know in the comments below.