CBS News Business Analyst Jill Schlesinger shares common money mistakes to avoid on our financial journey.
It's fun to celebrate the big financial wins, but it can be just as important to review our mistakes. That way we learn from them and grow.
Jill Schlesinger, Author of “The Dumb Things Smart People Do with Their Money: Thirteen Ways to Right Your Financial Wrongs”, breaks down why we make these mistakes and what we can do to avoid them in the future.
Jill and I review the following:
- Why time in the market is better than timing the market
- How to avoid costly homeownership mistakes
- Why term life insurance is a smart buy for a lot of people
Jill Schlesinger's personal finance experience and knowledge is incredible. Learn how to avoid these common money mistakes from Jill and get your financial life on the right track.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Jill Schlesinger
Jill is the host of the “Jill on Money” podcast and of the nationally syndicated radio show, “Jill on Money,” which won the 2018 Gracie Award for Best National Talk Show. She was named one of the Top 10 LinkedIn Influencers of 2015 and Top 10 LinkedIn Voices of 2016. Jill is a frequent speaker on a variety of topics, including macroeconomic, market and demographic trends; workplace issues for women and LGBT employees in financial services; and how to create authentic branding.
Prior to her current role, Jill was Editor-at-Large for CBS MoneyWatch.com, where she was responsible for video and written content and was part of the team that launched the site.
Jill spent 14 years as the co-owner of and Chief Investment Officer for an independent investment advisory firm. She began her career as a self-employed options trader on the Commodities Exchange of New York, following her graduation from Brown University. Jill serves on the board of StoryCorps, a nonprofit organization dedicated to recording, sharing and preserving the stories of our lives.
Jill Schlesinger Resources
Other Podcasts, Videos and Articles You Might Like
- How to Invest $100,000 in 1 Year – with Faith & Leo Jean-Louis
- Roth vs. Traditional IRA: Which is right for me?
- How to Create Financial Independence Plan
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
UNest: Help your child invest for the future with low cost index funds and a convenient mobile app!
- Term Life Insurance: Quotacy (Get a free quote today)
- Last Will & Testament: Trust & Will (Create your legal family will online)
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
Carpe Diem Quote
“Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.“― Anonymous
Have you fallen victim to these common money mistakes? What do you think of the advice from Jill Schlesinger?
Please let us know in the comments below.