Are you considering leaving the city to find a more reasonable place to live? Well, you're not alone.
Even before the pandemic, big cities like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago were seeing triple-digit daily losses due to domestic migration. The pandemic has only amplified the problem as the amenities of big city life have decreased.
Where should you go? What are some pros and cons with leaving?
That's what Stefanie O'Connell Rodriguez, host of Real Simple's “Money Confidential” Podcast, is covering today.
Stefanie and I review the following:
- The pros and cons of leaving the city
- How to prepare for a move
- Why starting a family doesn't mean you have to leave the city
Stefanie O'Connell Rodriguez is speaking from experience having gone through this decision recently as a New Yorker. If you're struggling with this emotional and financial decision, check out our episode today.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Stefanie O'Connell Rodriguez
Stefanie O'Connell Rodriguez is the host of Real Simple magazine’s new ‘Money Confidential’ podcast, that delves into listeners (confidential) money struggles, stories and secrets, and delivers, smart and practical solutions to help them reach their financial goals.
Stefanie’s work & advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNBC, USA Today and more. A go-to millennial expert, Stefanie has appeared on ABC World News, CBSN, Fox Business, Bloomberg, The Dr Oz Show, The Doctors and local news stations around the US.
Stefanie O'Connell Rodriguez Resources
- Website: Stefanie O'Connell
- Social: Instagram
- Podcast: Real Simple's “Money Confidential“
Other Podcasts, Videos and Articles You Might Like
- How to Start Investing in your 30's – with Erin Lowry
- Roth vs. Traditional IRA: Which is right for me?
- How to Create Financial Independence Plan
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
UNest: Help your child invest for the future with low cost index funds and a convenient mobile app!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
Carpe Diem Quote
“Choices are the hinges of destiny.“― Edwin Markham
Are you considering leaving the city? How are you weighing the pros and cons?
Please let us know in the comments below.
Leave a Reply