Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to retire at 40 years old? David, a listener of this podcast, thinks so!
Here's his question:
“My wife and I are turning 30 next year and we love the idea of retiring by 40. We’re debt-free, we make $120,000 combined and we live on $50,000 a year. So we are making a lot of money and saving a lot. What steps can we take to retire by 40?”
I’ve been interviewing a lot of financially independent folks over the past 4 years and I’ve learned a lot, but I thought it would be fun to bring in a guest who knows all about early retirement.
To help me answer David’s question, I invited online entrepreneur, writer and early retiree Steve Adcock. Steve’s writings on financial independence and happiness have been featured on major media sites like CBS MarketWatch, Forbes, Business Insider, CNBC, and Vice.
What are we covering?
Steve and I discuss the following:
- What FIRE (Financial Independence / Retire Early) is all about
- Different investing strategies to achieve financial independence
- How side hustles can fit into your early retirement strategy
For those of you who have been long time listeners, you may remember that we interviewed Steve back in 2017 about how he retired at 35 years old. Check out that episode and enjoy this one too!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Personal Capital: Track your net worth, investments and budget for free. Receive a $20 Amazon gift card for signing up.
Steve adcock RESOURCES
- e-Book: Big Money – A Professional's Guide to Financial Freedom and a Rich Retirement
- Website: SteveAdcock.US
- Social: Twitter
MKM PODCAST RESOURCES
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Young Family Wealth Playbook (FREE): 7-Steps to Solidifying Your Family’s Future Wealth
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
CARPE DIEM QUOTE
“Belief in oneself and knowing who you are … that's the foundation for everything great.”Jay-Z
What do you think about retiring by 40?
Please let us know in the comments below.