In this wild real estate market, house hacking has become a popular way to lower your cost of living and take advantage of the appreciating asset of real estate.
But what is house hacking? How does it work?
Well, our guests today are here to help us learn more. Ali & Josh are the married couple and financial educators behind The FI Couple, a platform dedicated to helping individuals take control of their finances.
Ali, Josh and I review the following:
- What is House Hacking
- How can House Hacking help you live for cheap for free
- What their real estate investing plans are and how it is helping them achieve financial independence
Ali and Josh (The FI Couple) are winning in the first years of their marriage through house hacking. See if this real estate investing plan can help you live for free!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Ali and Josh (The FI Couple)
We are a married couple in Upstate New York who are using real estate investing, specifically House Hacking coupled with frugality to not only pay off $100,000 of student loans but also get on track to become financially free in our 30's.
As newlyweds in 2018, we started our life together with a combined $100,000 in student loan debt & very different money mindsets. In the years leading up to our marriage, finances were rarely discussed and we lacked knowledge or resources needed to learn money management. Along with student loans, we had two car payments, lived in an 800 sq. ft. “luxury” apartment and spent our money as fast as we earned it. We were burnt out and overwhelmed- working long hours at jobs that made us unhappy and kept us away from each other.
We knew that we needed to make a radical change and that we didn’t want to live the same way for the next thirty years. This is when we found Dave Ramsey & eventually Bigger Pockets and suddenly we had a “community” of people showing us that the dream life we aspired to have could be achieved and in a fraction of the time we thought it would take. And just like that, we became HOOKED on the pursuit of FIRE.
Ali & Josh Resources
Other Content You Might Like
- Scott Trench & Mindy Jensen: 15-Year Mortgage vs. 30-Year Mortgage
- How to Invest in Real Estate (Without Being a Busy Landlord)
- How I Bought 20 Rentals in Cash – w/ Rich Carey
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Personal Capital: Get a net worth tracker, cash flow planner and many other tools … all for the price of FREE.
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“You are not buying a house, you are buying a lifestyle.”― Anonymous
Are you interested in House Hacking? Where are you on your financial journey?
Please let us know in the comments below.