Author Jennifer Barrett wants women to earn more and worry less. As our nation grows with more and more female breadwinners, Jennifer is on a mission to ensure women are creating the most successful future possible.
In our interview, she shares helpful tips for women who want to make more, invest more, and have the freedom to make the decisions that work best for them and their families. Jennifer dives into her personal story about her rise to becoming a young millionaire as well.
Jennifer Barrett and I review the following:
- The current state of females in the workplace
- How women can gain confidence through investing
- What men can do to be advocates for the women in our lives
Having worked in the corporate world and raised a family, Jennifer knows the realities of what it is like to be a female breadwinner. If you're a woman looking for more options, freedom, and growth, check out this interview.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Jennifer Barrett
Jennifer Barrett is the Chief Education Officer and a member of the executive team at Acorns, a financial wellness app with more than 8.5 million users, and author of the new book, “Think Like a Breadwinner,” a wealth-building manifesto for women who want to earn more (and worry less).
Over her career, she’s also been the Personal Finance Editor at CNBC Digital, General Manager at Hearst Digital, and Editor in Chief at DailyWorth, a financial media company targeting women. A contributor to Forbes, she’s also written about finance for publications like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and Newsweek, where she was a writer and editor. She’s co-authored two other personal finance books and is often featured as a money expert in the media.
Jennifer also advises three early-stage, female-led startups and provides leadership coaching to female founders. A proud breadwinner herself, she lives in Brooklyn with her husband and two sons.
Jennifer Barrett Resources
- Website: JenniferBarrett.com
- Social: Instagram
- Book: Think Like a Breadwinner: A Wealth Building Manifesto for Women Who Want to Earn More (and Worry Less)
Other Podcasts, Videos and Articles You Might Like
- How to Start Investing in your 30's [w/ Erin Lowry]
- Roth IRA Investing in 10 Simple Steps
- 10 Incredible Benefits of a Paid Off House
Sponsor and Recommended Tools
Personal Capital: Get a net worth tracker, cash flow planner and many other tools … all for the price of FREE.
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- One-on-One Coaching: Schedule your FREE 15-minute discovery call with Andy to help you on your Young Family Wealth journey!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
Carpe Diem Quote
“In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.”― Sheryl Sandberg
Are you a female breadwinner? What unique challenges are you dealing with?
Please let us know in the comments below.