I love living mortgage-free. The freedom our family has after we decided to pay off our mortgage early is incredible.
But just because I love my paid-off house, doesn’t mean I think everyone should rush off and do that right away. There are other important financial actions to consider first.
To help us discuss those other money moves, I’ve invited Brian Preston, from The Money Guy Show, on the podcast today.
Brian Preston and I review the following:
- Why you shouldn't pay off your mortgage early
- The importance of investing
- A financial order of operations that makes the process easy
If you're struggling with the “pay off your mortgage or invest” debate, this conversation may help guide you as you decide what's best for you and your family.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Brian Preston
Brian Preston, CPA, CFP®, PFS – Brian is the founder of Abound Wealth Management and host of The Money Guy Show. Brian is a 3rd generation educator, and this desire to create educated clients led to the award-winning podcast and YouTube channel. He has been broadcasting for over 15 years.
When not helping clients reach success with simple, smart strategies, Brian loves spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and their two daughters in Franklin, TN.
Brian Preston Resources
Other Content You Might Like
- 10 Incredible Benefits of a Paid Off House
- How We Paid Off Our Mortgage in 5 Years
- The Disadvantages of Paying Off Your Mortgage Early
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Tello: Cell phone bill too high? Find a plan with Tello for around $10 per month on the T-Mobile Network!
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“There is not one path. There is not even the right path. there is only your path.”― Anonymous
What do you think? Should you not pay off your mortgage? Do you like the advice from Brian Preston from The Money Guy Show?
Please let us know in the comments below.