If you're wondering how to prepare for a divorce or in the midst of one, this can be one of the most difficult times in your life. With your marriage ending, the last thing you want is to lose your children and the financial status you've attained up to this point.
Raiford Palmer, the author of the new book “I Just Want This Done”, joins me to share how successful people divorce without losing their kids, money and minds.
Raiford Palmer and I review the following:
- Why almost half of marriages end in divorce
- What you can expect to pay for a divorce process
- How to decrease the time and money lost in the divorce process
Raiford's decades-long background in divorce law (and having personally gone through a divorce) sheds light on common divorce questions. If you're contemplating divorce, use this episode to understand what you can expect in the process.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Raiford Palmer
Raiford Palmer, J.D., AAML is a long-time Illinois family law attorney and managing shareholder of Chicagoland-based STG Divorce Law where he focuses on complex divorce cases, especially those involving high net worth individuals. His work includes litigation, collaborative divorce, mediation, as well as premarital and postmarital agreements.
He won multiple jury and bench trials and managed numerous successful arbitrations and mediations. Raiford has also argued an appeal before the Illinois Appellate Court. His background before family law includes business formation, business transactions, and corporate litigation.
A multi-year winner of client service awards from Avvo as well as a multiple awardee of the SuperLawyer and LeadingLawyer designation for family law in Illinois, he is a frequent lecturer on Illinois divorce law and law firm management topics. Raiford is also a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Collaborative Law Illinois.
Raiford Palmer Resources
- Website: STGLawFirm.com
- Social: Instagram
- Book: I Just Want This Done: How Smart, Successful People Can Divorce Without Losing Their Kids, Money and Minds
Other Content You Might Like
- Top 3 Reasons Marriages End (And How to Prevent It)
- My Husband Wants Separate Bank Accounts (And I Don't!) – What Should I Do?
- 80/80 Marriage: How to Create a Happier Relationship
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- MKM Newsletter: Join our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest MKM content, meetups and more. Get our free video guide on how we paid off our mortgage in less than 5 years as a gift for joining.
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- MKM Coaching: Looking for someone to walk alongside you on your financial independence journey? Grab your free 15 minute consultation today.
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“There will be many chapters in your life. Don't get lost in the one you're in now.― Unknown
Are you considering a divorce or in the midst of one? What do you think of the advice from Raiford Palmer?
Please let me know in the comments below.