College is not getting any cheaper. By some estimates, the cost of college is rising at a rate of 8% per year. To combat this rising cost of hiring education, parents and teens need to look to college scholarships.
This is what Kristina Ellis did when she was in high school. Through hard work, dedication, and creating some systems that kept the process easy, Kristina earned $500,000 in college scholarships!
Kristina shares the details of how she got it done and dispels some myths about scholarships as well.
Kristina Ellis and I review the following:
- How she earned her $500k in scholarships
- The common myths around college scholarships
- How parents and teens can find scholarships
If you're worried about the cost of college in the future and you want a student debt-free life for your teen, check out this episode!
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE ON:
Guest Bio – Kristina Ellis
After winning $500,000 in scholarships and getting into her dream school, Vanderbilt University, Kristina set out on a quest to help students have similar or even greater success.
She’s the best-selling author of Confessions of a Scholarship Winner and How to Graduate Debt-Free and creator of the site CollegeNinja.com.
Her work has been featured in numerous media outlets, such as Fox & Friends, The Katie Couric Show, CBN, USA Today, Reuters, Seventeen, and Money. She’s helped thousands of families nationwide navigate the complex waters of college finance and graduate debt-free!
Kristina Ellis Resources
Other Content You Might Like
- 529 College Savings Plans: Why Parents Need One
- High Paying Jobs Without a College Degree [w/ Ken Rusk]
- 5 Ways Parents Are Helping Their Kids Graduate Student Debt Free
Sponsors and Recommended Tools
Tello: Cell phone bill too high? Find a plan with Tello for around $10 per month on the T-Mobile Network!
Firstly: Smart budgeting tools and real-life advice to get you on the path to family financial wellness. Learn more today!
MKM Podcast Resources
- Thriving Families Facebook Group: Join our new FREE Facebook Community!
- Corporate Financial Wellness Presentation: Contact me to discuss how I can support your company's overall financial wellness.
- Recommended Resources: You won’t reach your financial goals without the right tools. Here are my suggestions!
Carpe Diem Quote
“Quantity and persistence will get you the outcomes you need.”― James Altucher
Are you interested in finding college scholarships? Do you like the advice from Kristina Ellis?
Please let me know in the comments below.